Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Night at the Mactan Shrine



MACTAN SHRINE

I have traveled to different places and have posted pictures I have taken here in this blog of mine. Yet I have not posted anything about my place. Just today, I went to the Mactan Shrine and had the chance to take some pictures of the place.

The Mactan Shrine is such a historical Place. This according to history, was the place where Lapu-lapu and Magellan happened.

park @ mactan shrine

The Picture above shows Lapu-lapu at the far end overlooking the sea, watching as if Magellan will ever come again. During the battle, Magellan was killed. The event happened sometime on the year 1521. Well, that was long ago, the place right now is a very beautiful site to view and stroll around. It has become a tourist attraction.




As I sit down and let the time pass by, I could not help but take another shot, as I see the moon on top of the shrine. I could have taken a better view, but the gates were locked. From what I understand, it has always been locked to prevent people from climbing up for safety reasons... Well, I will just have to be satisfied with the pictures above....




One more thing, if you get tired walking, there are a lot of Sutukil restaurants very near the shrine. It has also become a haven for people who want to eat seafoods at its best... Check it out when you visit Mactan, Lapu-lapu City.

No comments:

Post a Comment